Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wishing Star



Today in my kindergarten class we did a project where the kids made a Wishing Star. They traced a star on wrapping paper, cut it out and wrote their wish for the world. Well, when we were sitting on the rug to hear the directions beforehand, Kathy asked the kids to tell us what their wish for the world was. There were some wishes about not littering and polluting as well as a couple for being nice to each other, and even one for everyone to become superheros! But one boy said,

"Well because a lot of people in the world get hurt. They get hurt because the world is hard. I wish the world was more soft."

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever heard? I think he actually may have meant it literally, like "when i fall on the playground it hurts because the ground is so hard." But, of course, I thought of it more metaphysically, and I agree. Sometimes the world is too hard! It took a little effort on my part to hold back the waterworks, but I did.


And one of the things that makes the world a little easier? THE SEASON FINALE OF AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!!!!! TONIGHT!!! Woo hoo! Don't miss it!

2 comments:

Liberty Fan said...

That is the most beautiful sentiment ever!!! That is one of the reasons working and being with little ones is so wonderful, isn't it?

I can't believe your wrote about the finale. I commented on your MD trip before I read this one. I'll be tuned in!!!!

diana said...

I wish the world was more soft too.......