Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm Crabby!

I was in the lovely community of Baltimore this weekend. I was there for a job interview for a counseling position at a school outside of London -- their U.S. headquarters is in Baltimore. The woman I met with was delightful and, of course, very British! So they won't know anything until after Jan 31, when their staff has to give notice. So I don't know -- it would be an amazing adventure but being away from family would be TOUGH! Anyway, I don't have to think about it until/unless they offer me a job.

So I treated myself to a harborview room at the Hyatt on Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I'm so glad I did. The room was comfy and clean and this was my view:



Nice, eh? So after my interview, I walked around the harbor a bit. It was cold and crisp, but sunny. I went to Phillip's for lunch, where I had Crab Soup, a Crab Cake and a Chesepeake style Cosmopolitan. I know, the cosmo sounds weird, but basically its a regular cosmopolitan with a little pineapple juice -- because of all the pineapples that grow in the Chesepeake Bay area?!?! -- I don't know. I'm just glad it didn't have crab or bay seasoning. It was, in fact, quite yummy! As was the soup and crab cake. Here is the soup and my delicious, though strangely named, cocktail:



So last night was also the Baltimore Boat Parade of Lights, where boats with holiday lights go around the harbor. So I also had a great view of that, although it moved a little slow, which I suppose is a safety precaution. You can't have all those boats cruising fast and close around a small body of water -- although it WOULD be a LOT more exciting that way!!

2 comments:

Liberty Fan said...

I LOVED that hotel, CG! I'm so glad you made it into a fun adventure. But I'm worried - does that mean you might go as far away as London??????
Also, tonight is the night! I'll be watching!!!

CurlyGirl said...

My room was beautiful and the view was so lovely. BUT one thing that the Hyatt needs to know about is the sofas and chairs on the Mezzanine level were grody! Egh! Like there were stains along the backs of the sofas where people's heads (greasy, dirty, icky heads!) were. Shudder!! I went up there to wait while my room was being prepared -- not very nice considering how clean the rest of the place was.