Monday, August 11, 2008

How Y'All Doin'!

I bring to you the "Traditions of the South" portion of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics opening ceremony. It is breathtaking. I beg you to watch the video in its entirety, particularly take note of what arrives around the 3 minute mark. Who says our young nation doesn't have culture! Take this, I say!!




The Wave!
Clogging Cheerleaders!
More Cheerleaders!
Pickup trucks!
Synchronized (not menacing!) pickup trucks! (Maybe if there were 1,996 pickups crashing around, that would have been more spectacular.)

Surely the Chinese were inspired by how the US did it!


Now here is how it should be done. (Unfortunately I couldn't find good video of the ceremony. I wonder if NBC had something to do with that.)

1 comment:

Liberty Fan said...

How do you ever find these things. I think I completely missed these games, because I would have remembered that very classy portion of the opening ceremonies! Yikes!