Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Too Much Information! and A Great Birthday!

Ok, first the too much information part. Today I went to Walgreens to get a bunch of things for my upcoming trip. My purchase included makeup foundation, travel size shampoos and conditioner, immodium, aspirin, and purel hand sanitizer. So I take my items up to the register where the older male cashier starts ringing things up. As he's doing this he says,
"Immodium is the best thing! Well maybe its not a good thing, but you know. I wish I'd invented it!!"
At this point the thought bubble over my head is saying,
"STOP TALKING ABOUT IMMODIUM!!!"
But he continued in a sort of way that I think HE wanted to stop but couldn't,
"Because I know I buy a lot of it! You know how sometimes you wake up in the morning and think, 'It's going to be an Immodium sort of day!'"
At this point I started to actually recoil to which he responded,
"I guess its not a great thing to talk about."
Needless to say, I paid as quickly as I could and got the heck out of there. I got out to the car and could not stop laughing about it!

* * *

So enough of that! Now let's talk about something a billionty times more pleasant, Diana and Gus's visit to Baltimore for my birthday!

Here are some photos of their arrival. A certain little Welsh corgi is SOOOOO happy!








They arrived late morning. We chatted for a little and I showed them around my apartment. Gus declared that it was really nice! Then we headed down to the Inner Harbor where we went to the National Aquarium. It was good. They have a special Australian Rainforest exhibit in addition to the regular fishy exhibits. I think our favorite things were the manta rays and the coral reef. I have to say that my favorite fish names (both from Australia, by the way!) were the Sooty Grunter and the Mouth Almighty. That's you!

So after the Aquarium (which Gus declared "an awesome experience!") we headed over to the ESPN Zone for lunch where we had a delicious meal. Here are my birthday guests:



We had a birthday dinner of nachos and had a very pleasant evening.

Tuesday morning we went to Miss Shirley's for breakfast.

Gus had the Gooey Cinnamon Roll, also known as the sugar-coma-inducing tower of cinnamon rolls!




Diana had the Breakfast Banana Split. Because of its healthy nature, she was initially reluctant to get it, but it was delicious!




And I had Blueberry Pancakes -- an old standby that you can't go wrong with! And I didn't! It was yummy!




After breakfast, Diana and Gus hit the road to head home. It was so much fun to see them and celebrate my birthday with two of my most favorite people! I hope they come back soon!

1 comment:

diana said...

We had a lovely time, birthday girl! We've had breakfast banana splits every morning since we got back - healthy and delicious! Who knew??