Thursday, July 26, 2007

My latest driving test

I had a pop driving test recently. Diana and Gus and I went to IKEA and I was driving. After a few minutes, Gus informed me that he was giving me a driver's test. I wasn't sure what he meant until the piece of paper below was passed up to the front seat.



My examiner told me that an X meant I failed that portion and a check meant I passed. So my first X was for starting -- in my defense, I haven't driven a stick shift in a long time, so I did sort of pop it in to gear. The second X was for my seatbelt -- I was wearing it the whole time, but I did adjust it at a traffic light. This is apparently a violation of driving rules. And the last X, for "not speeding," I just have to take responsibility for. I am a little bit of a lead foot. I will have to try harder.

I'm keeping it on the fridge to remind me to follow the rules of the road. Thanks, Gus, for keeping me safe!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Well, he is accurate. I remember a certain someone ENCOURAGING me to run a red light.

Watch out...he may show up in your kitchen to give you a POP COOKING TEST! (no double licking!)

diana said...

That driving test made me wet my pants laughing, except he was so serious I didn't want him to notice me.

As far as cooking, Gus is the master of the 5-second rule, or the 10-second rule, or the 15-second rule. He is a 7-yr-old boy, after all. You would probably get points taken off for "Not Enough Chocolate Chips" or "Not Putting Ketchup on Sausage" [ew].