Thursday, October 19, 2006

You know who's funny?

Ok, you know who's funny? Alec Baldwin. Yes, Alec Baldwin. I just watched "30 Rock" and he was very good. I had no plans to watch the show but they were showing a repeat on Bravo and I must say that I laughed out loud several times. He did a guest shot on Friends a while back and he was hilarious. I'd forgotten about it. I may have to put "30 Rock" on my watch list.

Project Runway. While I really disliked Jeffrey's behavior (particularly towards Angela and her mother), I do think he was the right choice as winner. I LOVED Laura's collection -- everything was beautiful and classic. But I do think PR prefers a more innovative point of view. Uli's also was pretty, but fairly predictable. And Michael, oh Michael, it was kind of hootchie and all wrong. Oh well.

Here is my personal version of "Happy Birthday" in our kindergarten classroom:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! stop it! (to two kids poking at each other)
HAPPY BIRRRRTHDAY DEAR MOLLLLYYY!!!! I said stop it!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Tomorrow is cookie day for The Boy and Me (although I NEVER told him he could eat nothing but cookie dough at my house!)

6 comments:

Liberty Fan said...

I agree. I don't often see SNL, but when he is the guest I try to watch because I think he is HI-larious! I have been watching 30 Rock (well, both times it has been on) and think it is pretty funny.

PR: Curlygirl, I don't have anything to write because you said exactly what I thought. I'll add that I hated Jeffrey's neck tattoos. Why do something that accentuates the fact that you have no chin???! I thought Michael would come up with something much more interesting. And how did Laura (while I loved her collection) have time to do all the beading AND get pregnant - answer me that!?!

I overheard you say that to him! hee, hee.

CurlyGirl said...

I think she "got" pregnant before the show started because she seemed to discover it at the Mom design challenge. Hello? Birth control. look into it!

Best joke ever (comic was sitting in the back seat of my car): "Why did the person find money?............. Because it was a quarter! Get it?!"

Liberty Fan said...

The beauty of that is that even though I can visualize it being told by that fabulous comedian I think it is, it is such a great joke that is isn't dependent upon the delivery!!!!

diana said...

Did you ever see the "Shwetty Balls"? routine on SNL with Alec Baldwin? I've seen it a dozen times, and it makes me weepy with its comic genius every single time.

When I was told the fabulous joke, it was "How did the person find money?" "Because it was in the corner!" GET IT??

See the comic genius?

Liberty Fan said...

Mo5, where are you? Have you been sucked into all the travels and travails that go with being a celebrity mom?????

Liberty Fan said...

Mother! Welcome back! High quality comedy from all parts of the country! I can only imagine the life of a celebrity Mom - aren't you premiering on the new Discovery Channel reality show soon? How soon does the Fredericks calendar come out? Oh, the questions celebrities must deal with!