Friday, June 16, 2006

Peeps and a non-Curlygirl post!

Because I was so frightened by crabby cousin, I submit to you a new post, introducing the world of peeps. They are the delightful and delicious (yet of mysterious origin and composition) treats of Easter. As with many new world marvels, they have been bastardized by mass marketers, trying to make them appropriate for any holiday, such as orange pumpkin-shaped peeps, or white ghosts, etc. However, as the name implies, the only true original is the beautiful yellow, chick-shape peeps!!! And the true 5x4 row/column layout of the box o' peeps is unmistakable. Some like them soft and chewy and fresh out of the box. The sound of the cellophone breaking open, a siren's song bidding one to gluttony. Others prefer to open the package and give them a day or two to be exposed and to harden and become oddly like styrofoam. I fall into the first group, and I have no idea why people prefer them the second way! I believe there is pending legislation to outlaw this, as it is simply so wrong.
The site linked to this post (which Curlygirl did not have to provide) details several important medical studies on these tasty little critters. So a great big shout out for me peeps - PEEEP!
(Wow! That actually made me uneasy!)

3 comments:

Liberty Fan said...

Whaa, haa, haa!! All that and it didn't even publish the link.
http://www.peepresearch.org/

CurlyGirl said...

The link is the title of your post. It took me right to the Peeps site.

I had no idea about your fondness for Peeps. How do you feel about cotton candy? Just curious.

(I just dropped off the wedding cake! It looks great, if i do say so myself!)

Liberty Fan said...

Congratulations on the cake delivery. I like your new site. Are you going to put pictures? You definitely should put "Iced Beauty" and the Curious George Cake up there!