Friday, May 02, 2008

Smile, Darn Ya, Smile

One day I was coming home from work in a very bad frame of mind. It had been a very rough day, and it came during a particularly grueling travel schedule. I pulled up to my little home, and in the mailbox was a small package. "Oh great!" I thought. "Now I've started winning things on e-bay and don't even remember bidding!" So I plodded from my car to my door and pulled out the package. I looked at the address, and it said it was from England. I got so excited! I didn't know what I had won, but it just made my day to see something had come so far to land at my door. I could hardly wait to get inside to open it. To my delight, it was a package from an old friend from whom I hadn't heard in ages. TOOTHWOMAN!


It's hard to see, but the beautiful British post mark is there.

Toothwoman is an international woman of mystery and poor dental hygiene, who was born of the "Tossing" days of CoreStates. It was oh, so lovely to hear from her.


So as we mark time between May Day and Cinco De Mayo Celebrations, let us all join in and sing a tribute to Toothwoman. C'mon everyone (to the tune of "Here Comes Santa Claus)!!!

Here comsh Toothwoman,

Here comsh Toothwoman,

Right down Dyentishtry Lane......

Clickin' an' clackin, and lotsh o' lip schmackin'

She'sh almosht inshane..........

Thanks so much for joining in, even if you didn't know what the heck was going on....

Happy Toothwoman Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! click, clack



1 comment:

diana said...

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! You gotta love those Etsy sellers - they're like florists - I've asked them to write some ker-AZY things! Oh, and I guess Toothwoman did too.

Dear old Toothwoman - I can hear her lovely melodic voice o so clearly in my mind.....